To update your instrument operating system:
The update process installs the new OS from a microSD card. It is important to use a blank microSD card for this purpose.
The microSD card MUST be removed from the instrument after the update has been completed, or the instrument will try to install the update each time it is switched on.
NOTE: Minimum recommended microSD card size is 4 GB and the maximum card size is 32 GB.
NOTE: The card must be formatted to the FAT32 format.
Download the latest operating system onto microSD card
1. Download the file from the link below.
2. Locate the MFT-X1 update ZIP file.
3. Unzip this file to your microSD card. It contains the instructions for updating the operating system and the required xxx.BIN file.
4. Check the version on the microSD card and verify the new file is a later revision than the one installed on the MFT-X1. Check Settings > INST > GUI Version.
5. Ensure the instrument is switched OFF and disconnect the test leads from the instrument.
6. Remove the battery pack and unscrew the fuse cover.
7. Fit the microSD card with the .BIN file into the microSD slot. (See user guide for guidance)
8. Replace the fuse cover and battery.
9. Switch the MFT-X1 to any range. The display will acknowledge the .BIN file is present.
10. Press the "Test" button. The instrument will now run 4 update steps.
11. At the end of a successful update the MFT-X1 will ask to be switched OFF.
12. Switch OFF the instrument and remove the microSD card. This is IMPORTANT. If left in the instrument will run another installation.
13. Replace fuse cover and battery pack. The instrument can now be used for testing.
It is very rare for the MFT-X1 to fail to update. In case of failure, refer to the user guide for possible errors during the update process.
Firmware version: Date: Release features
4.1.0 07-09-2023 - French language option available from the Instrument option in Settings
- Spanish language option available from the Instrument option in Settings
- Audible warning to the PE warning flag
- Removal of the CAL date from settings screen