- Range extension for reflectometers
- The high impulse voltage minimises the limitations of distance, resistance and attenuation on reflection measurements
- Distance-dependent amplitude correction compensates for cable attenuation of any type
- Adjustable filtering eliminates most interfeing effects and distortions
- External compensation provides the best compensation possible
The LDE 800 functions as an add on to reflectometers (TDRs) for measuring cables with extreme physical conditions including excessive lengths, high attenuation and resistance, very low or high impedance and other difficult-to-overcome values. Instead of using the reflectometer's internal impulse generator, the LDE 800 has its own powerful measuring pulses that are measured by the reflectometer in the passive transient mode.