The 6 week summer placement is an excellent opportunity to find out more about our company, our products and to put your theory into practice.
The placement will begin with an introduction to the company’s market and product research methodologies and business case generation processes. You will then join a live project and will be allocated a mentor. As the placement progresses you will gain an insight into the key activities of the business including:
- Mechanical design; 3D design, the Engineering Change Note (ECN) process and the importance continuous improvement within the business.
- Manufacturing; the concept of design for manufacture, the principle of lean manufacturing and product routings. The above will be achieved via observation and having ‘hands on’ experience in the build process.
- Test systems; targets for profitability, types of test systems employed, the associated benefits and throughputs etc. During this element you will see the importance of effective production support in the maintenance of flow.
- Engineering project work; as stated above, during the placement, you will an active involvement in a small continuous improvement project.
Successful students who complete the programme will an opportunity to apply for the Industrial Placement Programme (subject to good performance and availability of suitable roles).
Summer placement opportunities
We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic and passionate future engineers who are on course to achieve at least a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
Click here to see our current opportunities or register your interest/CV
- Competitive Salary
- 3 days paid holiday for 6 week period
- 4.5 day week (early finish on Fridays)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A conditional offer to join our Industrial Placement Programme (subject to performance and availability of suitable roles)
- Free parking