This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical / Electronic Instrument Technician to work for a well-established company by joining the Instrument Repair team at Dover.
The role will involve testing, fault finding to component level and repairing products that have been returned.
Reporting to the Repairs and Customer Service Manager, main duties will include
- Fault finding and to repair and calibrate electrical / electronic field type instrumentation.
- Fault finding and to repair and calibrate electrical / electronic bench type instrumentation.
- Read and understand repair manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
- Fault finding and Repair at printed circuit board level including replacing surface mount components.
- Raising requisitions for replacement components as required.
- Assisting in supporting an international network of Megger approved repair centres.
- Properly using high voltage test equipment.
- Producing fault reports and inputting correct data into the Repairs data base.
- Updating as new, returned electrical / electronic field and bench type instrumentation.
- Represent the Repairs department in new product development project teams.
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Ideally, qualified to HNC Electrical / Electronic discipline or equivalent consideration for suitable experience.
- Previous experience in a similar technical role.
- Conversant with the use of fault finding devices such multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Experience of fault finding at component level.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to fault find, and diagnose root cause.
- Working experience within an electrical test environment.
- Experience of producing fault reports and inputting correct data into ERP software.
- Good communication skills, written and conversational.
- Enthusiastic and a team player.
- Full driving licence.
Please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org