- Mains filter for direct coupling to live cables up to 660 V
- Pulsed output current for easier detection of the test signal
- Filter for the suppression large interference signals
- Location of earth/ground faults up to 150 kOhm
- No switch off during the fault location required
- No influence to the signal lines connected to
Use the Geolux GL 660-1 cable ground fault locator to protect your assets! Important control, signal, and supply systems, such as those for railway installations, hospitals, power plants or other industrial facilities, are designed to be potential free (for example IT systems) and are monitored by earth fault indicators in order to ensure safe and uninterrupted operation. In these systems, a single earth fault will cause no service interruption, however if a second fault should occur, there is a high risk of partial or complete breakdown of the installation.
For this reason, any earth fault must be located and repaired as fast as possible and this is where the Geolux GL 660-1 comes in. This cable ground fault locator is directly connected to the faulty line with live voltages up to 660 V, and generates a low frequency signal which allows you to trace a specific receiver along the faulty line to the fault position where it can be repaired. It is highly accurate, filtering out large interference signals, and can locate faults up to 150 kOhm. What's more, you don't need to switch off the power when locating the fault and it uses a pulsed output current to make it easier to detect the test signal.