- Delivers 1500 J at 8/16 kV
- 20-kV DC high voltage proof/burn and displays insulation resistance
- E-Tray automatic test sequence to proof test, prelocate and pinpoint
- ARC reflection MV cable prelocation
- ICE MV cable prelocation
- Multi-shot technology for ARM
- Earth gradient LV fault locating and sheath fault locating
- Interprets test results for user
- 7.0 in. HiBrite color display
- IP53 rating for wet environments
- Safety / grounding check
- USB interface
The SMART THUMP ST16-20 Portable/Vehicle-mounted Cable Fault Locating System provides safe, efficient and extremely easy-to-use solutions for quickly identifying, prelocating and pinpointing various types of cable faults for power cables. The ST16-20 is developed to meet the requirements for typical medium-voltage distribution cable fault location markets from 11 to 35 kV system voltage.
Typical end users include: operations department of power utility companies, electrical departments within municipalities, private network operators, high voltage electrical contractors, service companies, port authorities, mining, airports, military bases, petrochemical and paper companies.
The ST16-20 unit incorporates the “E-Tray” technology, a concept that has been already proven in other products (EZ-Thump, EZ-Restore Overdrive, and TDR T3090) and which has been carried forward into new Megger products.
Power Cable Fault Locating Safety Notice