- ICEplus for the easy and reliable fault prelocation without interference from branches
- High surge energy for pinpointing
- Compact and lightweight construction
- Testing up to 5 kV
- Automatic detection of the breakdown voltage
- Pinpointing with the integrated surge generator 0 … 2 / 4 kV 1000 J
- Pulsed DC for sheath fault pinpointing
The SPG 5-1000 is a portable multi functional system for cable testing, fault conditioning pre- and pinpoint location of faults in low voltage distribution systems.
Using the patented ICEplus pre-location method the operator has an very easy to use tool for prelocation of faults, especially in branched low voltage distribution systems. The evaluation of a reflection measurement is not required. The fault distance is directly displayed as numerical value. The branches have no influence on the measurement.
The unit is controlled by the integrated rotary encoder and a graphic LCD for the visualisation of modes and adjusted parameters. The system supports easy handling, supports successful operation even for untrained users, and provides maximum technical safety.