- ICEplus for the easy and reliable fault pre-location without interference from branches
- High surge energy for pinpointing
- Compact and lightweight construction
- Testing up to 5 kV
- Automatic detection of the breakdown voltage
- Pinpointing with the integrated surge generator 0 … 2/4 kV 1000 J
- Pulsed DC for sheath fault pinpointing
The SPG 5-1000 5 kV fault locating system is a portable multi-functional system for cable testing, fault conditioning, pre-locating, and pinpointing the location of faults in low voltage distribution systems.
Using the patented ICEplus pre-location method, the SPG 5-1000 is an easy-to-use tool for the pre-location of faults, especially in branched low voltage distribution systems. The evaluation of a reflection measurement is not required and the fault distance is directly displayed as a numerical value. The branches have no influence on the measurement.
The unit is controlled by the integrated rotary encoder and a graphic LCD for the visualisation of modes and adjusted parameters. The system supports easy handling, successful operation, even for untrained users, and provides maximum technical safety.
Power Cable Fault Locating Safety Notice